Am I Eligible to Buy an EC?
In order to qualify for the purchase of a brand new executive condominium in Singapore, you need to satisfy all of these 5 following conditions:
1) Family Nucleus
4) Income Ceiling
5) Property Ownership
There are 4 schemes for you to apply for. You need to be able to form for at least 1 our of the 4 schemes.
You need to form a family nucleus with any of the following:
– Spouse, and children (if any)
– Parents, and siblings (if any)
– Children under your legal custody, care and control (if widowed/divorced)
You need to form a family nucleus with:
– Your spouse-to-be
*You need to submit your marriage certificate within 3 months of collecting your keys, to the developer.
If you and your siblings are orphans and single (including divorced and widowed), you will be able to apply based on these conditions:
– All of the siblings that are single must be listed in the same application
– At least 1 of the deceased parents was a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
Joint Singles Scheme
You and up to 3 other co-applicants can apply for an EC, so long as you are (all criteria must be fulfilled):
– Single (including divorced and widowed)
– Singapore Citizens
– At least 35 years old
– Applying jointly as co-applications
*CPF Housing Grant for singles is not applicable for an EC purchase.
You must fulfil the following citizenship conditions:
– Applicant must be a Singapore Citizen
– At least 1 other applicant must be a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
– For Joint Singles Scheme, all applicants must be Singapore Citizen
You must fulfil the following age requirements:
– At least 21 years old
– At least 35 years old if applying under the Join Singles Scheme
You must not exceed the following income ceiling:
– Your monthly household income must not exceed $16,000.
– You do not own other property overseas of locally, or have not disposed of any within the last 30 months
– You have not bought a new HDB/DBSS flat or EC, or received a CPF Housing Grant, more than once
Additional Requirements to Take Note
– If you have are a current owner of an HDB/DBSS flat, you need to have fulfilled the Minimum Occupation Period of 5 years before you can apply for an EC
– If you have are a current owner of an EC, you need to have fulfilled the Minimum Occupation Period of 5 years, as well as wait out 30 months from the date of your disposal of the current EC, before you can apply for another EC
Need more answers for your eligibility requirements? Go to the Official Page by HDB for the full information and more details.